Oils and Fats Do’s and Don’ts
Oils & Fats Do‘s and Don‘ts
Oils are very important to get right, as carotenoids and retinol (the two main forms of Poison / ”Vitamin A” in foods are fat-soluble, so they are CONCENTRATED in oils and fats.
General rule: If an oil / fat is REFINED, it is OK to use (this will take out much of the color due to taking out carotenoids). If it is VIRGIN or UNREFINED, then it is best to AVOID it.
Try to find “naturally refined” products whenever you can. If you get a refined oil that tastes or smells rancid or like chemicals, please don’t eat or use it!
(ORGANIC is important)
- 2 Tbsp/day of organic heavy cream
- Any Refined Oil (including coconut oil)
- High oleic sunflower oil (to use uncooked only)
- *Yellow* avocado oil (Chosen Foods is naturally refined and OK)
- Almond oil
- Cocoa butter
(both unrefined and refined is OK)
- Other oil/fats that is derived from other foods on the program that are OK
Avoid these oils and fats
- Rice bran oil
- Peanut oil
- Canola/rapeseed oil
- Soybean oil (non-GMO soybean oil in supplements is OK)
- VIRGIN coconut oil or other high-fat coconut products
- Red palm oil
- (Extra) virgin olive oil (green carotenoids)
- Unrefined *green* avocado oil
- Unrefined shea butter