Grains Do’s and Don’ts
Grains Do‘s and Don‘ts
I am not suggesting that you have to eat any grains at all! Most people do better with less grains in their diet, not more.
UPDATE: We have now had enough reports of people reacting badly to grains (with VA-type reactions) and/or not making expected progress when including lots of grains that we used to believe were OK and now do NOT, that we have trimmed down the OK grains list quite a bit.
Please read carefully.
Grains (wheat mainly) have specific things that need to be addressed.
FIRST, all grains and grain products MUST be ORGANIC.
Nearly all non-organic grains are DOUSED in glyphosate/Roundup after being collected from the fields.
Glyphosate / Roundup is not Poison/ ”Vitamin A” but causes MAJOR problems in Poison / ”Vitamin A” metabolism, as do the organochlorine pesticides used on non-organic crops. See the blog-forum for more info on these things.
EAT ORGANIC GRAINS only, if you choose to eat them at all (they are not required).
Wheat and Gluten
Pay attention, don’t screw this up
- If you are known celiac and/or gluten intolerant at this point, then DON’T EAT GLUTEN FOODS, okay? This problem will likely go completely away after the detox is complete. Don’t force it too early though. It will happen. Many celiacs and gluten-intolerant folks have found that they completely tolerate the extremely organic Italian soft white wheat flour that is linked below, and I have been hearing of this for over 10 years now.
- All grain based foods MUST be organic, this is to avoid the Glyphosate/Roundup and pesticides that all cause more Poison/ ”Vitamin A” problems (among other nastiness).
- If you want to make “white” wheat flour foods at home, this is an organic, UNenriched, UNbleached, non-GMO, glyhosate-free soft white wheat flour. You can also get it at Amazon here.
- NO fortified grains. This means most white flour is NOT going to work. Read labels, if you see any vitamin/mineral sounding words, don’t buy it.
5. REAL sourdough is better than non-sourdough. What is “real sourdough”? Please take the time to read at least the first two links below:
6. Sprouted wheat products are better than non-sprouted wheat products (Ezekiel bread products are an example of this).
Oats and barley
Upon further research and reported client experiences, oats/oatmeal and barley are NOT OK. They contain significant amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin and are not recommended during the Detox. People may be just fine with them after the Detox.
The only types of corn that are OK during the detox phase is organic WHITE corn and organic BLUE corn (the blue is from cyanidins, not carotenoids). Avoid YELLOW corn!
OK Organic Grains
- White Rice
- Unfortified white whole wheat
- Unfortified soft white wheat
- True sourdough-ed wheat
- Sprouted grains / grain products
- White Corn
- Blue Corn
- Brown Rice (Arsenic)
- Wild Rice
- Fortified flours of any type
- Oats / Oatmeal
- Einkorn Wheat
- Khorasan Wheat
- Red wheat
- Durum wheat
- Quinoa (any color)
- Yellow Corn
- Coconut Flour (FFA)
- Teff (RS)
- Tapioca / Cassava (RS)
- Potato Flour (RS)
- Green Banana Flour (RS)
RS= High in Resistant Starch by nature (see video on this topic)
FFA= High in Free Fatty Acids (see coconut specific food-list)